Google

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Washing Machine Woes

I received this note today from a good friend of mine. She told me on Tues that she had washing machine woes. This is the update that she sent me about her problem getting fixed. It is quite hilarious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So on Monday when I was doing laundry and my washing machine was done with a load, I went to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer. However, the washing machine was still full of water and my clothes floating. I turned the dial some and it would start pouring more water in, never draining. So I call Pete and tell him he needs to come over on Tuesday after work and fix it. He comes over, turns the dial, it starts up and all cocky, he says to me "it's fixed" and goes back downstairs. I said "no it's not". Then it stops (thankfully not putting more water in this time).

Well, we can't pull it out with all that water in it, so we have to empty the water out of the washer, one bucket at a time, then put my clothes in the tub (thankfully my washer is upstairs right out side my bathroom). Pete squeezes his not-so-tiny beer gut behind the washer to shut the water off then back out to take the hose off. I grab a cake pan to catch any excess water. Well, there was about four cake pans worth of excess water and about 1/2 a gallon of that got on the floor. Next thing I know all the smoke detectors are going off in my house and we're still trying to get all the water running out of the machine. He turns to me and says "did you turn the oven off?" I said "yeah" then went downstairs to see what was going on, only to find water running out of smoke detector! The water that ran out of the washer ran through my Pergo flooring, through the ceiling and out the only hole it could find, which happened to be my smoke detector.

We still can't let the hose go because there is still excess water, so I go back upstairs, hold the hose and Pete takes the upstairs detector off so we don't go deaf. He then goes downstairs to remove the one down there and I hear this scream. He got electrocuted/shocked. He comes back up, we finish getting the water out of the washer and he pulls the pump apart and pulls out two pieces of wire with hair and crap wrapped around them. He starts accusing me that it's one of my hair pieces (typical man has no idea what those look like). And I'm arguing with him that it's not. A few minutes later, as he's putting the machine back together, I started laughing my ass off - it was the underwire from one of my bras, broke in two pieces, LOL!!! The really funny part, I haven't lost an underwire in one of my bras in over three years, so that thing has been living in there ever since trying to kill my washer!

Moral of the story - check your bras when you take them out of the washer, ladies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good thing I don't wear underwire bras. Not only do they twist in the wash and stab you in the arm pits, but they break washing machines too.

Also, it is wise to use a nylon wash bag for under garments.

And why do men always blame womens hair accessories for mysterious happenings?

No comments: