Google

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Bad Word

Last evening after we got home, my son Sam said "Mom, S-H-I-T, shit! Ha ha, that's funny." Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

I tried to find out where he learned that from. He told his father he learned it from me, but then he told me he didn't remember. I think he was trying to protect his innocent mother. I probably did say it, but I sure didn't teach him how to SPELL it!

I had to explain to him that, that was not a nice word to say and kids should never use it. Of course he wanted more explanation than that. I think by the time I wasted 10 minutes of explaining he finally got the point. Either that or he got bored and pretended that I made sense.

At least it is much better than the first time my oldest son Kevin said a swear word. I will never, ever in my life forget that moment. The family was headed out of town. We were all packed up and ready to go. We were pulling out of the driveway and my husband discovered he had forgotten something. So out of the van he goes, leaving just me and and my two young sons (aged 4 and 3 at the time) in the van with nothing but silence. So we sat there, until a small little voice came from the back seat saying "Mom, is f#cking son of a b!tch a bad word?"

After I fell over nearly hitting my head on the dash board and put my heart back in my chest from my little 4 year old's words. I asked him where he heard such dastardly words. He replied "daddy said that this morning". I told Kevin to never, ever, ever ever, ever use those words again. They were bad, very very bad indeed.

When my husband returned to the van, he was smiling. "Everyone ready to go?" he asked.

Boy did he have some explaining to do!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

shit, he said a cuss word!!!

Wolfpak5 said...

Now watch out, not only is he saying the words, but he knows how to spell too. You are in for it now.