Google

Monday, May 5, 2008

My Little Yoda

I saw the little runt sitting there on a log
I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said "Yoda"
Y O D A, Yoda
Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda


Lyrics by Weird Al Yankovic


My little man has changed his name to Yoda. He has been gimping around the house telling us all "Let the Force Be With You", as he uses his water squirter tube as a crutch. It is pretty funny. He has been telling me for a couple of days that his knee hurts. I'm not sure if that is a Yoda characterization or what. I guess that is a mystery for me to unravel.

Every now and then when Sam wants to get out something because he is anxious, he can fake an illness like a champ. I don't know how many times last year I had him tested for strep throat because he was scared of reading a book at school. The book was about Monsters in my Closet. Instead of telling the teacher he didn't like the book, it scared him, he just pretended (quite well indeed too) that he was sick. He explained all the right symptoms. Needless to say all his strep tests were negative.

So onto solving the mystery of the "I only have one good leg". I did inspect both legs the other day and thought that the one he was complaining about looked slightly swollen. So I looked and looked and looked and decided maybe I was just seeing things. So I decided to just wait and see what the next couple of days brings.

This morning he woke up and limped around. I picked him up from daycare and he was walking just fine. I brought him home, he found his cane, and started limping again. So I'm guessing he is just doing some mighty good Yoda role playing. At least for now.

1 comment:

Mary said...

And the Oscar goes to...... YODA!