Google

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Birthday Extgravaganza

My littlest caveman turns nine on Monday. So this weekend we celebrated the last of the single digit years.

We went to a hotel with a pool per the birthday boys request. I survived a whole 36 hours without my laptop! I spent all morning getting everyone ready. Then did some last minute birthday shopping (which was good, cuz he liked those gifts the best).

In the afternoon we checked into the hotel. We went swimming right away. We spent about 2 hours in the pool and today my arms are a bit sore. It was nice because we were the only ones in the pool the whole time. Which was perfect for the 4 of us. We brought our noodles, dive rings, and some cloth floaty round type toys. So we were throwing those back & forth across the pool to each other. Kevin was pretending we were battleships and trying to sink us. We forgot to bring the goggles, so the kids were spazzing about that. Luckily the hotel had an extra pair, but they were diving goggles, so they cover the nose. So they took turns wearing them for a while.

After swimming we changed. I took a shower cuz I went into the hot tub and apparently there must have been too much chlorine cuz when my skin dried it turned white and was very itchy. But that didn't happen to anyone else. Not to mention my hair was really sticky. So after my shower, Kevin & I ran to get McDonalds for the kids. The boys had McDonalds and then we did the cake & presents. Sam really liked his loot. I was very disappointed on how the cake turned out. I made it from scratch and it was dairy free. It was a bit dry. Not moist like my other cakes I have made. I think next time I make it I will modify the recipe.

After all that we went and played $10 worth of quarters in the video games at the hotel. Then the kids settled in for bed. The hubby and I went to Green Mill right next door to the hotel. All we had to do was walk across the parking lot. Sweet. So we took our cell phone and left a cell phone with Kevin. Sam fell asleep right away & Kevin called us every 2 minutes. So DH & I tried to enjoy an hour together. We had buffalo wings, and dinner & a couple of beers. We got back & Kevin fell asleep right after we tucked him back into bed.

Then this morning, we went out to breakfast at Denny's. We all had HUGE breakfasts. I'm still not hungry. Then we took Sam to swim lessons, came home after that & took naps.

So it's been a busy weekend for us.

Here is a pic of the happy birthday boy.
Photobucket

No comments: