Google

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Man vs. Beast

Last night I was getting ready to go to bed. The oldest caveman son had the remote control. At 10:00 pm, (yes he should have been sleeping for at least an hour by then, but you tell a 10 year he needs his sleep at night and let me know how that turns out for you), but he was wide awake. A show called Man vs. Beast came on. The hubby was giving his little darlings a hug goodnight and we all (except the baby caveman he was the only smart one) ended up watching this show. So here is what I learned last night on educational tv...

An Alaskan bear can eat 50 hot dogs in 2 minutes and 36 seconds beating Kobiashi (the record holding hot dog eating champion of the world, that only a caveman would know who he is because I certainly had no clue).

An orangutan can win a tug of war match over a Sumu wrestler. And a Sumu wrestler can do a mighty nice looking belly flop in the mud.

An Olympic record holding track runner can out run a giraffe, but not a zebra. Not only will the zebra beat him once, but twice.

A Navy Seal is better at an obstacle course than a chimpanzee.

An elephant can beat 44 "little people" at pulling a DC 17 50 feet.

Yes, I needed to lose one hour worth of beauty rest to know these things. My life is almost complete now that I know these things. I have this trivial knowledge that I will probably never forget, so that when I'm eating breakfast in the nursing home I can revert back to it and really let the staff know I've lost my marbles. And I I might even get into an argument with the man across from me for thinking it's crazy that Kobiashi didn't beat that bear.

No comments: