Google

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Momzilla

Beware...when I am tired, allergies flaring, and had enough in one day I turn into MOMZILLA!

Yesterday my allergies kicked in full boar. My head was throbbing, my nose was running, and I was tired. I'd been looking at Excel spreadsheets all day, so by the end of the day my brain had checked out and I was ready to go home and take a nap. But the oldest cavechild had his last swimming lesson of the season to go to and also attend his baseball game.

So I emailed my darling husband and asked him politely if he would take his beloved child to swimming and baseball. His reply...."Whatever...yes". So I replied back to him "Never mind with that attitude." Of course he had no clue what I was talking about, so I had to explain to him that I was merely asking a small favor, not asking him to part the Red Sea. So to just forget it and I would suffer through and take him.

Needless to say at home, he got the silent treatment. I ran Kevin off to swimming. On the way into swimming I have to walk by about 10 purple lilac bushes. I am highly allergic to lilac's, especially freshly blooming ones blowing in the breeze. Not only do I have to walk by them on the way in,but also on the way out. So I mumble swear words towards my beloved under my breath.

I get my son to his baseball game after swimming is over. We get to the field and guess what? Well, there is nothing better for an allergy sufferer like myself who just inhaled lilac's but to inhale freshly cut grass on the huge soccer and baseball field. What a great idea! Let's mow the grass on a windy day that my allergies decide to kick in on and I'm already crabby and feeling like crud. So again I mumble so not so nice words towards my beloved husband under my breath.

We get home and now I'm really miserable. So I make sure to kiss the kids good night, give the husband the silent treatment, take some Vitamin C and Mucinex, drink a cup of Chamomile tea, and promptly go to bed.

I woke up this morning and Momzilla had vanished. I think my husband is happy about that. But he does know me well enough not to speak until I spoke to him this morning. What a smart man he is!!

My allergies are still giving me troubles, but at least I was able to hide indoors today, which kept Momzilla away.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Seriously... shove grass and lilacs up his nose and make him go out.

You take a bath and a nap!!