Google

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Ash Wednesday

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. The day to make a commitment to giving up a vice or two or three for 40 days. So I ponder "what should I give up?" I've already made many New Years Resolutions that I have managed to stick with for 37 days now. So what else is there i ask myself? I could certainly think of some things to give up, but they aren't really vices.
1) I could give up dieting, but that would be a bad thing since I'm doing so well.
2) I could give up my job, but again that would be a bad thing since I have yet to win the lottery.
3) I could give up going to dentist, but I need a crown put in & thanks to anxiety medication I actually had a rather relaxing experience at today's visit. I could kiss the inventor/makers for making that little pot of gold.
4) I could give up cleaning, but again not the best of things to give up. I can only imagine how bad it could get in 40 days.

So, I really have nothing to give up, so instead of giving something up, I will make the commitment to continue my New Years resolutions that I made to better myself.

No comments: